Chris Janson had been in the music industry for over five years before having his first single, a mellow rocker song of huge desires and small realities. Cleverly produced to be highly pertinent during Bro-Country’s peak in 2013, Chris Janson’s “Buy Me A Boat” entered the iTunes charts at #1 just hours following its release.
The “Fix a Drink” singer characterizes this as a very simple song that was composed when he and his co-worker, Chris DuBois, couldn’t visualize anything. They already had the title before making the lyrics. According to the singer, when they wrote the single, they’re not working to make an impression. They didn’t follow any guidelines or any methodical way of thinking. They didn’t extract any character from anywhere except the things they have and cherished.
“Buy Me A Boat” by Chris Janson is a smart reversal on fake humility and the power of money to add satisfaction to a distraught artist’s life who dreams of becoming rich. Material wealth can’t buy contentment, but it can buy him a boat.
Thanks to Bobby Bones, DJ, who played the song on the radio, it immediately rose to the top of the iTunes Country Songs chart; the track has since sold a quarter-million copies.
His single premiered on the Country Digital Songs chart (Mar.2015) at No. 8. The playful song has connected with people, and it soared to No. 2 on the Hot Country Songs chart (Sept.2015). It also peaked at #2 on the Canada Country Billboard chart (Oct.2015) and the Country Airplay chart (Dec.2017). The song was certified Platinum in June 2020 by the RIAA.
This song has perhaps become the standard for most of Chris Janson’s songs. Check the video of Chris Janson’s “Buy Me A Boat” below.
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- George Strait Sings “God and Country Music” with his Grandson