Many of the country songs that were featured previously here on Country Thang Daily centered on a sad or heart-breaking theme. Well, lamentations about a lost lover is a popular subject in country music. Although this music genre couldn’t go away from such theme, country music isn’t all about heartaches and pains. To cite an example, here is a song called “99.9% Sure (I’ve Never Been Here Before)”. Recorded by American country music artist Brian McComas, this song manifests an extremely happy vibe. That’s apparently because the song portrays a narrator who is madly in love. Or more precisely, the man experiences being so much loved by someone that he can’t contain his happiness. The following stanza said it so.
Oh, I’ve never been here before
I’ve never been loved like this
Never been tumblin’, stumblin’ over the words that get tangled inside of me
I’ve never been moved this way
Nobody’s ever made me say
I’m 99.9% sure I’ve never been here before
A Few Facts about the Song
Billy Austin and Greg Barnhill wrote the lyrics to this McComas’ record. The third single from his self-titled debut album Brian McComas, the song came out in February 2003. It reached No. 10 on Billboard Hot Country Songs chart in August that year. Additionally, it was a crossover hit peaking at No. 57 on Billboard Hot 100. The song received a favorable review from Brian Mansfield of USA Today. In his words,
“The song’s ‘clean steel lines and bright guitars [blend] agreeably on [the] contemporary country radio.”
Here is McComas’ “99.9% Sure (I’ve Never Been Here Before).
Folks, did you enjoy this piece? We would be glad to hear your thoughts or experiences related to the song. Likewise, please do not forget to hit the like button and share the fun with other fans of country music. Here on Country Thang Daily, we strive to bring you a daily dose of cutting-edge entertainment through country music and information.
Billy Austin, Brian McComas, Greg Barnhill
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend