K.T. Oslin, the singer of the hit “80’s ladies,” celebrates her 77th birthday today.
Being in a male-dominated scene, K.T Oslin is one of the most popular female country singers in the late 80’s.
“80’s Ladies” was a Hit
Her song “80’s Ladies” was a definite hit at that time. It was penned and recorded by K.T. Oslin, and released in April 1987.
The song won multiple awards from the Grammy’s to the CMA’s. “80’s Ladies” won the Grammy award for Song of the Year and Grammy award for Best Female Country Vocal Performance. It also won the Song of the Year at the 1988 CMA Awards.
K.T Oslin’s Career
In the ’90s, K.T Oslin decided to venture out on other media platforms. She tried her acting chops making an appearance in the 1993 TV Movie Murder So Sweet and the film The Thing Called Love.
In 1966, she returned to singing, and she signed with BNA Records. On November 2014, she went back performing in the Grand Ole Opry. Though this was not her first time, it was her first debut performance at the Ryman Auditorium.
On June 2015, she released her 6th studio album Simply. The singer was not able to capitalize on her 80’s Ladies success because her comeback album was not able to break through the charts.
Quotable K.T. Oslin
Female representation in country music was not as strong then. Even with today’s progressive nature, female country artists are still struggling to have equal opportunities.
Let us learn from K.T Oslin and what she has to say about it:
“There were probably a lot of great women’s songs floating around out there, but they didn’t have the connections to get anywhere.”
Check out her “80’s Ladies” song here:
birthday, K.T. Oslin
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- The Untimely Deaths of Loretta Lynn’s Kids
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story