Back in 1984, people all over the world have danced, got down, and celebrated to the tune of “Footloose.” From children to the elderly, all were jiving and enjoying the beat. Indeed, “Footloose” can send shivers down your spine. Furthermore, the song has smashed the airwaves and televisions. Any place you go, you could hear the song playing and you could listen to it over and over. Yes, it became the ultimate theme song of everybody back then.
And even up to these days, the song is still mouthwatering. Once the song has hit your eardrums, your body moves, and you go bonkers. The best thing about it? It gives you the chills and the feels of the 80s. With this, let’s go and reminisce the past through the song “Footloose.”
Kenny Loggins, amongst other songwriters, is the person behind “Footloose.” It was released in January 1984 from his album of the same name. The movie “Footloose” used the song as a soundtrack of the movie “Footloose” starring Kevin Bacon. Additionally, the song placed at No.1 on the Billboard chart. Billboard also ranked the song as the No.4 song of 1984. Due to its paramount success, it was documented that it was the most successful single of Kenny Loggins. Also, it became his signature song.
In 1985, “Footloose” earned a nomination as the “Best Original Song” at the Academy Awards. That year, it was also selected by the Library of Congress for preservation in the National Recording Registry as being traditional, historically, or artistically significant.
In 2011, Blake Shelton covered the song for the movie remake of the 1984 film “Footloose.” It received mix reviews, there were undesirable, but mostly there were more of affirmative and constructive criticisms.
Visit our website www.countrythangdaily.com to read more about our featured articles. Also, follow our Facebook Page and Twitter for more updates. You may also leave your comments below for the country artists, legends, and songs you would like us to feature.
Blake Shelton, Footloose, Kenny Loggins
- Little Girl Superbly Delivers Willie Nelson’s “Always on My Mind”
- One Good Deed: Country Music Star Left $1,000 Tip to Waitress Working Double with Daughter
- Kelly Clarkson Will Pay Ex-Husband Brandon Blackstock Nearly $200k Per Month Amid Divorce
- Kelly Clarkson Renegotiates Talk Show Contract Amid Divorce With Brandon Blackstock
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List
- Luke Combs’ Net Worth + Facts: Everything You Need To Know About The Country Star