Back in 1984, people all over the world have danced, got down, and celebrated to the tune of “Footloose.” From children to the elderly, all were jiving and enjoying the beat. Indeed, “Footloose” can send shivers down your spine. Furthermore, the song has smashed the airwaves and televisions. Any place you go, you could hear the song playing and you could listen to it over and over. Yes, it became the ultimate theme song of everybody back then.
And even up to these days, the song is still mouthwatering. Once the song has hit your eardrums, your body moves, and you go bonkers. The best thing about it? It gives you the chills and the feels of the 80s. With this, let’s go and reminisce the past through the song “Footloose.”
Kenny Loggins, amongst other songwriters, is the person behind “Footloose.” It was released in January 1984 from his album of the same name. The movie “Footloose” used the song as a soundtrack of the movie “Footloose” starring Kevin Bacon. Additionally, the song placed at No.1 on the Billboard chart. Billboard also ranked the song as the No.4 song of 1984. Due to its paramount success, it was documented that it was the most successful single of Kenny Loggins. Also, it became his signature song.
In 1985, “Footloose” earned a nomination as the “Best Original Song” at the Academy Awards. That year, it was also selected by the Library of Congress for preservation in the National Recording Registry as being traditional, historically, or artistically significant.
In 2011, Blake Shelton covered the song for the movie remake of the 1984 film “Footloose.” It received mix reviews, there were undesirable, but mostly there were more of affirmative and constructive criticisms.
Visit our website www.countrythangdaily.com to read more about our featured articles. Also, follow our Facebook Page and Twitter for more updates. You may also leave your comments below for the country artists, legends, and songs you would like us to feature.
Blake Shelton, Footloose, Kenny Loggins
- Beautifully Blended: Meet All 7 of Kevin Costner’s Kids
- Here Are Some of The Incredible Things You Can Do At Loretta Lynn’s Ranch
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- Here Are Some Loretta Lynn Facts To Celebrate One of Country Music’s Icons
- Throwback To George Jones’ “He Stopped Loving Her Today” Final Performance